I have just watched Gerry Pollack’s Keynote note address to the EU 2015 conference held in Phoenix, Arizona recently in which he presented extremely interesting ideas about the role of electric charge and the Earth’s weather. The videos of the presentations etc can be viewed online by going to the Thunderbolts.info site and paying your money to gain on line access.
Very briefly the following points were made:
- The incidence of solar radiation, vis light, causes electric charge separation over the oceans during the daytime in which protons evaporate and accumulate. This emission of protons also might occur in the subsurface due to IR affecting ground water, and deeper where magmatic and hydrothermal fluids dominate.
- There is a diurnal electric charge differential between day and night hemispheres that causes prevailing winds to form moving west to east, faster than the underlying solid earth.
- If atmospheric winds are produced by electric charge movement (positive) then co-rotating electric charges would generate magnetic fields, and thus raises the possibility that the geomagnetic field is produced externally, and not internally via an unseen dynamo mechanism. The geomagnetic field is thus probably the average of the fields produced by the circulating atmosphere and the co-rotating Van Allen Belts.
- Atmospheric high pressure cells are caused by accumulation of protons near the earth’s surface and not from gravity.
- The earth’s weather is electrically driven by the effect of the sun, not gravity and thermal effects. This idea was previously put by a paper I had published in NCGT News some years back.
And some ideas I have:
- The counter-rotating winds at the equator could also be explained by Dr, Don Scott’s Birkeland current mechanism.
- Protons reach the Earth’s surface via rain, so it’s not gravity that causes rain to fall, but the existence of proton rich rain ascending down to the negatively charged Earth.
The one physical parameter not routinely measured by climate science is the magnitude and fluctuation of the solar electric field, and hence the earth’s electric field. Further no climate theory incorporates any electrical force in its modelling.
It very much looks like I was right all those years ago that weather is electric, and this is why the existing climate models do not work — they have the basic physics wrong.
But will it take them another 100 years to learn, or might it come sooner? Scientific paradigms change when the old school dies out. That makes those paradigms not science but religion. Only religious minds are not swayed by empirical evidence to the contrary.
More in future posts.